Norwegian Missionary Chapel
eShowe's modern history begins with the arrival of Norwegian missionaries in the mid-19th century. In 1854 Rev Hans Schreduer of the Norwegian Lutheran Church was granted permission by King Mpande to start a mission station at Ntumeni. Seven years later, a second Norwegian, Rev Ommund Oftebro, established a mission at kwaMondi (situated in the present King Dinuzulu suburb).
The Zululand Mission Museum Chapel pays tribute to the legacy of these early men of God.