The George Hotel
Built on the site of the British Residential Commissioner, Sir Charles Saunders's residency. Originally Tavernors then The Provincial Hotel. Land was aquired in 1896 and present Hotel Built in 1906 adjacent the Great 300 hectare Dlinza Forest. The Hotel during the mining boom of the 1920s, was operated as a Stock Exchange for four months. This Hotel has been through the Bambata Rebellion, Union, Apartheid era and now part of the changing new South Africa.
Ideal base to have the complete 101 Things to do in Eshowe! We are close to beaches, big five, Anglo Zulu and Zulu battlefields Route, Zululand Birding Route, KZN Brew Route, Great Five Forests, Zululand Historical museum, Vukani collection, Mbongolwane wetlands, Shakaland, Isandlwana and Rorkes Drift. Amatikulu Beach Prawn braai on Sunday.
There are over eight beautiful fully represented churches in Eshowe which makes it a great Wedding venue. The George Hotel can cater for a wedding reception of up to 90 guests
|The Hotel has...
* 3 Conference Rooms and Wedding Facilities
* Cordon Blau Restaurant - The Quarters
* The Happy George Pub
* A large verandah with a coffee shop (Café Zulu) where we also serve breakfast.
* Large swimming pool.
* On site micro-brewery - The Zululand Brewery
* Laundry facilities
* Secure parking
* 24 hours access
* Close To shops, banks and Post Office
* TV and DSTV Saterlite
* BBQ facilities
* Tour operator – Zululand Eco-Adventures
* Travel Agent – Elite Travel
* Resident historian
* On the regular Baz Bus route (Johannesburg-Swaziland Durban and Dbn-Swaziland-Jhb)
* Bird Guides
* Durban Airport transfers.
* Medicinal garden
|CULTURAL EXPERIENCES and TOURS
* Cultural Experiences and events
* Traditional Zulu Ceremonies
* Places of interest around Eshowe
* Dlinza Forest Arial Boardwalk
* Eshowe hills Golf Estate
* Prawnshack, Museums and History
* Battlefield Tours
* Cultural Villages
* Nature Reserves Forests Dams
* and much more
|101 Things to do in Eshowe!
#1 Zulu Weddings (Sat/Sun)
#2 Zulu Maidens Coming of Age (Sat / Sun)
#3 kwa Makethleni Healing Ceremony. (Wed / Sun)
#4 Sangomas Initiation. (Fri - Sun)
#5 Sangoma visit (Daily)
#6 Zionist Spiritual Experience.(Fri and Sun)
#7 Rural Zulu Village and Farm. Walters Place. (Daily)
#8 King Dinizulu Township Tour (Daily)
#9 Gospel Church (Daily)
#10 Zululand Outback Tour. (Weekdays)
and loads more